Indie Overlook has once again seen a few significant updates today, none of which were actually the update I initially intended to make (that will be coming later this week). In addition to some behind-the-scenes stuff, here’s the full list of changes:
- The color scheme has been adjusted in various places, most notably in the search bar and the comments area to make text much easier to read, but a few menus and effects have also been slightly tweaked. There are a few places where I’m still working on getting the color scheme in place, but I’ll be fixing that over the course of the week.
- There’s finally a proper login system! It should be much easier to login and create accounts now and there are basic profile pages in place alongside a few additional security measures. I would like to potentially flesh out profiles in the future, but for now this should help to make Indie Overlook look a bit more professional and a bit less like a generic blog.
- The sidebar has been revamped to remove many of the less useful or redundant portions and a tag cloud has been added. This is still very much a work in progress, but I think the current setup is definitely better than the old one.
- I missed removing featured images from the Freeware and Commercial game pages yesterday, so images were still appearing directly over the videos for some rather poor-looking formatting, but this has now been fixed and hopefully that’s the last we’ll see of that issue.
- The Home Page has been changed to display fewer posts (5) to help reduce load times for new visitors.